Sunday 12 August 2012

Shoe challenge #45: Pink cadillac


I managed to convince the boy to take about five photos of this outfit, and strangely enough, they all turned out pretty good! I didn't do any editing. None at all! I was more than pleased with these, as I think I look significantly more hot in them than I felt. You see, I'm a bit conscious about wearing strapless dresses. I do have big boobs and my upper arms aren't exactly skinny either, so while I feel completely secure in my body, strapless dresses make me doubt a little from time to time.


I bought this dress mainly for its print, and it has been stored in my closet since. I was blaming it on the weather (I can't wear a white, strapless dress without any sunshine, and we haven't been having a lot of that lately), but I felt like I could postpone it no longer. But it was such glorious weather on Friday, I just had to. I was particularly pleased with the outcome, because I was also wearing flats, which usually makes me feel more selfconscious as well. At 1m59, I'm very short, and short + curvy can sometimes look heavy. But, as I'm sure you all know, glittery shoes make everything alright!


Body issues aside, they boy and I went back to our home town for the weekend to meet up with some friends and visit the annual fair in town, and a pretty good time was had by all. I slapped on some fuchsia lippy and a dito cardigan for the evening, and I felt like my pretty stiletto necklace more than made up for the absence of actual heels...

Dress and shoes New Look / necklace Etsy

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous outfit! I loved this dress too, but the strapless-ness was the only thing holding me back from buying it.

    ReplyDelete